Are you in need of writing prompts for short stories? Perhaps you’re looking for a writing prompt as a warm-up exercise or for a creative writing class?
I’m always collecting story ideas / writing prompts from across the web – especially Pinterest – and so I decided to try my hand at creating my own. I hope you get much use out of these short story ideas and have as much fun with it as I did coming up with them!
These writing prompts can help to fire up your imagination for your next short story of flash fiction project.
Five Writing Prompts for Short Stories
- This should have been the happiest day of my life – but why does it feel like I’m giving up?
- A young woman finds a note hidden in a library book. What does the note say? Does she throw the note away or does she follow the note to wherever it may lead her?
- A perfectly ordinary man lives a perfectly ordinary day. Write about the magic or beauty of an ordinary, simple life.
- I longed to be out in the sunlight.
- The house felt as warm and comforting as a hug. But it held many dark secrets hidden it its depths.
Do you think writing prompts are useful or do you not care for them?
Comment below with a link to your stories if you decide to use one of my prompts!