Yes, I know what season it is . . .
Down here in the Southern Hemisphere, we are just coming out of winter and entering spring – the rainy season and my birthday month!
I don’t know about you, but September has always felt like the most perfect time of the year to set new personal goals. Not to freak anyone out or anything but there are just over 120 days left until the new year and an ideal time to set up a 100-day challenge.
I have selected a few goals to concentrate on for the next 100 days and separated these goals into four categories:
- Book Blog
- Business / Finances
- Personal Development
Book Blog / Writing Goals
- Write 2 flash fiction stories a month – I think it’s reasonable to give myself two weeks to write a story of about 1000 words.
- Read a book a week – It doesn’t matter if it’s a physical book, e-book, or audiobook.
- Write 3 – 4 blog posts a week – I actually have a post planned for every day (except Saturdays) of the next four months but I’ll give myself a bit of leeway here if it doesn’t work out exactly as planned.
- Wake up at 5 am – I’m not sure if this counts as a health goal but I am trying to train my body to wake up earlier so that I can have time to do the things I need to before I start my day job! Day One has gone splendidly!
- Stick to a gluten-free lifestyle – I have major issues with gluten (coeliac disease is a bitch) and this is a big one for me. When I eat gluten, I suffer from inflammation in my joints and aching bones, and I have difficulty breathing or even walking a short distance.
- Do 20 squats a day – This might not seem like a lot but trust me, this is about all the squats I can manage right now. Hopefully, as the days go on, I will be able to increase the number of squats I can do every day.
Business / Finance Goals
- Create 1 new product every day – If you’re not aware, I recently opened an Etsy store where I sell printable bookmarks and printable stationery packs. I am also in the process of learning as much as I can about opening a Zazzle store to create print-on-demand bookish-related items.
- Save R10 every single day – Ten rands is about 60 US cents which is definitely manageable for a daily savings goal, even for 100 days.
- Morning Pages – I want to get back into journalling and having a set routine for morning pages is ideal. Day One has been successful!
- Daily Selfie – Does this even count as personal development? My reasoning for this is that I want to see how my face changes over the next 100 days. Will anything I’m doing have an impact on how I see myself or how the world sees me? This one, I will probably post on my personal Instagram account.
- Sketch a Day – I’ll be teaching myself, through Youtube videos and other online tutorials, how to draw – starting from the basics of shapes and shading.
- Complete TEFL course – I signed up for a TEFL course a few months ago and half the allocated time has passed without me doing a single lesson. As such, I am now giving myself 100 days to complete this course.
🎯 TWELVE goals for the next 100 days! 🎯
Do you think this is manageable or am I going to fail dismally?
Do you have any goals for the last quarter of 2022?